Welcome to the Westboro Beach Café!
A great place to spend a hazy summer afternoon or watch the sun dip on a warm summer evening; but for a time the beach was off limits for swimming, dining, or any sort of recreational activity.
Westboro beach was originally used by loggers working from the Deschênes Rapids and massive pine rafts could be seen floating down the river; remnants of the Skead’s mill foundation can still be seen on the shoreline near the entrance to the NCC parking area. It wasn’t until the 1920’s that the beach became a recreational area used for swimming and dancing. In the 1960’s The City of Ottawa constructed the current pavilions including change rooms and washrooms to the location. They changed the landscape and transformed the rocky shoreline into a sandy beach. The beach went mostly unused from the 1980’s until 1999, when stairs were built, trees were planted and the Westboro Beach Café was first opened.
Westboro Beach Café is easily accessible from the transit way, Trans Canada trail, Ottawa River Parkway, NCC recreational pathway and the Ottawa River.
The following amenities are available for visitors:
- Westboro Beach Café (Cash Only)
- ATM Onsite
- Change rooms
- Free Parking
- Water Sports